Dargate and Hernhill
On our doorstep to give you a warm village welcome and serving up great food. You might even bump into us!
- The Dove – Conveniently situated just 100 meters down the road, The Dove is a welcoming gastro-pub renowned for serving great food and providing a superb dining experience. Highly recommended to book before you arrive. www.dovedargate.co.uk
- The Red
Lion – The pub is a 13th century hall house situated
in an idyllic location on the village green in Hernhill, overlooking the
church. The pub is a 20 minute walk
taking a short-cut through public footpaths. www.theredlionhernhill.co.uk
This bustling harbour town is packed full of places to eat after a busy day exploring.
- Farm and Harper – A cool café during the day for breakfast or lunch, and a restaurant in the evening (Friday & Saturday nights only), this is a great place to relax for a bite to eat after a long walk along the beach. Highly advised to book. www.farmandharperwhitstable.co.uk
- Jo Jo's - Overlooking the sea at Tankerton, Jo Jo's provides a relaxed atmosphere and Mediterranean dishes after a day exploring Whitstable. Booking in advance is advised, but if you forget, they have a few tables in the cocktail bar to accommodate walk-ins. www.jojosrestaurant.co.uk
- The Krishna – This is
one of our favourite Indian restaurants and offers something a little different
to a standard curry house www.krishnarestaurant.co.uk
- Wheelers Oyster Bar –
The oldest restaurant in Whitstable serving up seasonal seafood delights!
Wheelers does not have an alcohol licence so remember to take your own wine! www.wheelersoysterbar.com
This old historic city has a great selection of restaurants to cater for a wide variety of tastes…..so many to list and try! First of all, get your evening off to a good start with a cocktail or two…
- The Pound - full of history located in the old city gaol
house, attached to Westgate Towers, the largest surviving city gate in England. In the summer, have a drink outside along the River Stour.
- The Falstaff Hotel - just down from Westgate Towers this 16th
century coaching inn has a fantastic cocktail bar and a cocktail menu to match!
go find a restaurant....we’ve called out a couple of our favourites and all
within 1 minute walk of the cocktail bars above!
- Café du Soleil – Mediterranean cuisine - www.cafedusoleil.co.uk
- Cafe des Amis – Mexican cuisine - www.cafedez.com
- Chapmans – Seafood restaurant - www.chapmanscanterbury.co.uk
Indian restaurant – www.ancient-raj.com